High School Construction and Renovation Project
Following the successful March 13, 2018 referendum, the Northern Burlington County Regional High School immediately began preparations for the comprehensive school addition & renovation project. The architects began to finalize the design specifications and together with the administration, faculty, and school board, many hours were spent fine tuning the design specifications. Also, the first project to be started during the summer of 2018 was the 300/400 Hallway connector. This project was completed in the fall of 2018.
During the winter of 2019, the more comprehensive addition and renovation projects are being prepared. The total project will include over 45,000 square feet of renovations and 48,000 square feet of new construction. The project will include nine new classrooms, a new Media Center, expanded cafeterias, comprehensive roof replacements, air conditioning in all areas, and new boilers.
Please note that these additions and renovations will be taking place while on an active high school campus, while classes are in session. The High School will receive renovations to many instructional areas and the new construction that will connect the East and West Buildings while providing a more secure high school campus.
Highlights of the addition/renovation project include:
- Newly Renovated Instructional Areas
- Newly Constructed Instructional Areas
- New Media Center
- Improved Student Safety with more secure facilities
- Natural daylight and LED lighting throughout.
- 2012 Energy Code Requirements
- Air Conditioning throughout
- More energy savings with less exterior doors and access points with energy efficient windows.
- More centralized parent and community gathering areas with easier use for night or community meetings.
Upgrades to School Safety
- Single Main Entrance and elimination of students passing between buildings to access classes during the school day
- All doors locked and secured during lockdown by use of electrified doors without staff requiring to secure.
- Parking and access to the front of the school and administration area will be much closer.
- Parent drop-off and queuing will be safer and more organized while also not causing issues with traffic.
- Less access points to get within the building.
For addition/renovation construction updates:
- Sign up to receive e-notifications as updates and meeting notices are published on this web page. You can sign up for our Construction and Design Updates e-notifications at nburlington.com
- See above information on community meeting dates.
- If you have additional questions about our school rebuild, please contact our Board Office at (609) 298 3900.